brown spot removal in los angeles
Laser Brown Spot Removal by Experienced Dermatologist — Dr. Jacob Rispler
get help with melasma
A common skin disorder, melasma affects pigmentation and appears as dark spots on the face, including brown spots or gray-brown patches on the cheeks, forehead, bridge of the nose, above the upper lip, and on the chin. It may also appear on the neck, forearms, and other parts of the body. This form of hyperpigmentation is most common in people with darker skin tones.
specialized in treating melasma
What causes & how to avoid melasma
What Causes Melasma?
About 90% of people who get melasma are women. Although an exact cause is not known, the brown spots on the face and elsewhere are thought to be triggered by factors such as hormonal changes. Melasma often appears during pregnancy and in women who take birth control pills.
Ultraviolet light is thought to be another cause. Those seeking melasma treatment tend to have more sun and UV light exposure. Pigment-producing cells in the skin, known as melanocytes, are stimulated by sunlight and light bulbs that emit UV light. Even small amounts of exposure can induce melasma.
Skin irritation, especially while during healing, can cause a brown tinting. If you have melasma, any irritation can worsen it. The condition is limited to the skin and, although it can induce psychological stress, it is not a sign of any other disease.
Tips to Avoid Melasma
While brown spot removal using lasers is effective, you can reduce your risk of melasma by:
1. Protecting your skin from the sun, even during short walks.
2. Avoiding extreme heat or using a hat or umbrella while at the beach or pool.
3. Staying away from birth control pills known to cause melasma.
4. Refraining from using irritating skin products such as exfoliator scrubs or those with strong acids.
Working out at the gym or going to a sauna or hot tub can induce melasma or make it worse. Avoid anything that irritates or increases the temperature of your skin.
How LDI Can Help
Sun protection is one of the most common treatments. Using sunscreen, wearing a wide-brimmed hat, and avoiding the sun can help reduce Melasma. At LDI, we use a laser for Melasma that can yield significant improvements.
The three types of lasers we use include:
all skin types & colors
- This non-ablative laser uses erbium, an isotope, and yttrium, aluminum, and garnet (hence the term Erbium YAG 1064 laser). The laser does not affect the top layer of skin. Its energy is focused below, where pigment issues such as melasma, freckles, and sunspots lie. The laser can also soften wrinkles and boost collagen production.
lighter & darker skin
- A high-energy laser in short pulses induces acoustic waves that break up the pigment. Also used for tattoo removal, the laser is available in four wavelengths to treat a broad range of skin types. A range of spot sizes enables a dermatologist to penetrate the dermis more deeply, spreading energy over a wide area and minimizing discoloration, blistering, and scarring.
- Intense pulsed light can improve clarity and complexion after just one treatment. After an initial reddening and darkening of the skin, pigmented lesions flake off in about a week. Skin tone then typically starts to even out. Multiple treatments are possible and, in addition to melasma, Lumecca can treat sun damage, age spots, freckles, rosacea, and vascular lesions.
Contact LDI Today
say good-bye to brown spots
We specialize in using lasers for melasma. In fact, using a laser for brown spot removal is the fastest and most effective way to improve skin appearance with minimal after effects. We have offices in Los Angeles, Newport Beach & Covina.
Call 888-585-3993 or contact us online for a free consultation to learn more about Melasma treatment.
Went in today for a free consultation at the Covina location, got quoted and started the treatment for my acne and acne scarring the same day. So far i do not have any complaints. The staff were very friendly and the nurse explained everything in great detail...
Dr. Rispler came in and evaluated my face for the treatment that needed to be done for today, I did not find him rude at all. I like how the office gives out samples of the medications, topical creams and face washes instead of purchasing the full size and finding out later it did not react as well with your skin condition. Lastly, The laser and shots are not painful at all.. very tolerable, i am looking forward to my next appointment and great results. Thank you L.D.I.
West Covina, CA
I started seeing Dr. Rispler a year ago and at first, never believed in his surgery-free approach, but he definitely beat my expectations. He and his staff were very professional, and always listened to my questions. Dr. Rispler planned out the most specific treatment plans, which...
...treat my unique skin type, tone, and color. I am approaching my 50s, so those wrinkles are coming. Thankfully, I now have a dermatologist I can call for treatments without surgery.
Los Angeles, CA
A few months ago I had my FREE consultation at Laser and Dermatology Institute. I met with one of the consultants first and thought he is extremely knowledgeable & professional. After I met with the consultant I felt confident to start treatment that same day. Dr. Rispler...
...is one of the smartest dermatologist I’ve ever met. I asked tons of questions and he was very patient with me and answered every question I had. Dr. Rispler explained to me that it would take 6-8 treatments to laser off my facial hair permanently. After the consultation I was super exited to get started. I had my first laser hair removal treatment at the Covina office. A nurse named Teresa did my first treatment she was very gentle. She numbed my face and gave me some protective goggles for my eyes and she explained into detail what she was doing. She zapped my face with the laser a few times and I was done. OMG, I was so surprised that I was done with my first laser treatment so fast. The lasers felt like warm tiny stings on my face but it was virtually painless. I’m looking forward to my future laser treatments.. So far I’m extremely satisfied with Dr. Rispler and his staff. I highly recommend LDI to anyone.
receive a free consultation today!
Covina, CA 91723
SPEAK to a friendly & live human 24/7 to schedule a consultation over the phone
Speak to a Friendly & Live Human 24/7 for Questions or to Schedule a FREE Consultation:
For more than 35 years, LDI has been delivering stunning results. Always on the leading edge of laser and RF technology, our board-certified dermatologists can rejuvenate damaged skin on just about ANY skin tone, to effectively erase the signs of acne scars, aging, loose skin, eye bags, wrinkles, fine lines and sun exposure.