At Laser & Dermatology Institute, we use the latest radiofrequency laser technologies for all our skin treatments. There are different usage and purpose for each type of laser we use throughout our procedures.
Laser & Dermatology Institute Uses The
Most Advanced Lasers
Laser & Dermatology Institute uses the latest in radiofrequency lasers to rejuvenate skin and treat and reduce wrinkles, lines, sagging skin, red and brown spots, sun damaged skin, bags and crows feet, and more on all skin types. A team of board-certified dermatologists is led by Dr. Jacob Rispler, an experienced dermatologist who has developed many innovative medical techniques and treatments.
Laser skin treatment avoids the need for invasive procedures. It is typically faster and results in fewer side effects, while patients can return to work or normal activities very soon after treatment. Around for decades, laser skin treatments have evolved such that they can be applied to any kind of skin therapy.
At LDI, we use the following types of radiofrequency lasers:
all skin types & colors
- The 1064 nanometer wavelength is used by the Erbium YAG 1064 laser, which is effective for all skin types and colors. Erbium is the isotope used in the laser system. The yttrium, aluminum, and garnet, or YAG, in a laser crystal acts as a semiconductor in the laser’s photo optic system to produce infrared light.
- A 1064nm laser is non-ablative. That means the top layer of skin is untouched while the laser beam can penetrate the surface to treat pigmented and vascular lesions in the lower layers. An Erbium YAG 1064 laser can soften wrinkles, increase collagen production, and treat freckles, sun spots, and leg and facial veins.
- Sometimes, removing the pigment in hair follicles can help remove excess hair. The heat from the laser can also kill onychomycosis, or toenail fungus, targeting the undesirable yellow and brown discolorations below the nail surface. The 1064nm laser can also successfully treat skin conditions such as razor bumps or Hidradenitis Suppurativa, which causes abscesses in hair follicles and sweat glands and scarring.
lighter & darker skin
- Instead of heat, a PiQo4 laser uses acoustical energy. A loud popping sound can be heard during the procedure as areas of skin are treated. The laser is suited for use on lighter and darker skin and works by improving skin texture and stimulating healing. Treatments trigger collagen and elastin production, or neocollagenasis, which helps reduce the effects of aging and to revitalize the appearance of your skin.
- PiQo4 treatment can erase wrinkles, brown spots, freckles, birthmarks, and melasma. It’s possible to see noticeable improvements with the first treatment. In many cases, it takes three to five sessions, at intervals ranging from two to six weeks, to see the expected results, while most people see improved skin texture in about three sessions.
- The effects after the treatment are generally minimal. Your skin might have a pinkish color for one to four hours. The next day, you might notice brown spots have become lighter. It’s important in the days following treatment to avoid direct sunlight and use sunscreen when outside.
all skin types
- Fractional rejuvenation and resurfacing applies RF energy in a matrix of micro pins. Working on all skin types, it heats deeper layers of skin without damaging the surface. The excess heat stimulates collagen production, improving texture and complexion.
- Fractora results only in micro lesions and slight redness. Healing can take up to a week in some cases, but downtime is minimal. Patients can even apply makeup in a day or two. In the days following the procedure, moisturizer should be used and patients should use a broad spectrum sunscreen while avoiding direct exposure to the sun.
- The treatment can be used on the upper and lower eyelids, cheeks, mouth, forehead, and neck and for smile lines as well as acne scarring and various types of discoloration. It may be applied in anywhere from one to six sessions. For many people, Fractora works almost immediately, although it often takes up to two weeks for the most noticeable results to show. Your skin may continue improving for as much as three months as the effects of aging are reduced.
all skin types
- Forma is a radio frequency treatment option suited for all types of skin. It stimulates the formation of collagen to help contract skin and improves elasticity as well. Common treatment areas include eyelids, jowls, smile lines, nasolabial folds, and the neck, but it can also be used on the arms and abdomen.
- The treatment is based on Acquire, Control, Extend, or A.C.E. technology. To ensure consistent results, each area covered receives the exact right amount of treatment. It is noninvasive, virtually painless, and requires no downtime. Deep layers are precisely targeted. Any redness that occurs after the procedure fades within hours.
- Forma is often provided in weekly sessions. Depending on the patient’s skin, they may receive fewer or more sessions, but the typical treatment period is six weeks. Forma alone can yield smoother, more defined skin. It can also be combined with other laser treatments, injectables, fillers, and facials, including Lumecca Photofacial and Fractora Resurfacing. Known as FracTotal Facial, this combination can address laxity, uneven texture and/or tone, pigmentation issues, and wrinkles in a single treatment series.
pigmented & vascular lesions
- An effective treatment for pigmented and vascular lesions, Lumecca uses powerful intense pulsed light to deliver a complete photofacial. The process of photothermolysis can improve age spots, spider veins and other vascular lesions, rosacea, freckles, and sun damage. Lumecca can be used anywhere on the body, although it’s most commonly used on the face, neck, arms, hands, and legs where the most sun exposure occurs.
- Patients experience an elastic sensation, warming of the skin, and redness during treatment, but any visible effects typically fade in less than an hour. Any skin reaction that occurs with Lumecca typically subsides within hours, while sensitivity to sunlight after treatment is common.
- For the best results, Lumecca is performed over multiple sessions, but this depends on the patient’s skin type, the condition being treated, and other factors such as the laser’s energy settings and individual treatment protocol.
visit ldi for
best lasers in the industry
Contact LDI today to schedule a consultation at our Los Angeles, Covina, or Newport Beach locations, to learn more about which laser skin treatment is right for you and how it can help.
Went in today for a free consultation at the Covina location, got quoted and started the treatment for my acne and acne scarring the same day. So far i do not have any complaints. The staff were very friendly and the nurse explained everything in great detail...
Dr. Rispler came in and evaluated my face for the treatment that needed to be done for today, I did not find him rude at all. I like how the office gives out samples of the medications, topical creams and face washes instead of purchasing the full size and finding out later it did not react as well with your skin condition. Lastly, The laser and shots are not painful at all.. very tolerable, i am looking forward to my next appointment and great results. Thank you L.D.I.
West Covina, CA
I started seeing Dr. Rispler a year ago and at first, never believed in his surgery-free approach, but he definitely beat my expectations. He and his staff were very professional, and always listened to my questions. Dr. Rispler planned out the most specific treatment plans, which...
...treat my unique skin type, tone, and color. I am approaching my 50s, so those wrinkles are coming. Thankfully, I now have a dermatologist I can call for treatments without surgery.
Los Angeles, CA
A few months ago I had my FREE consultation at Laser and Dermatology Institute. I met with one of the consultants first and thought he is extremely knowledgeable & professional. After I met with the consultant I felt confident to start treatment that same day. Dr. Rispler...
...is one of the smartest dermatologist I’ve ever met. I asked tons of questions and he was very patient with me and answered every question I had. Dr. Rispler explained to me that it would take 6-8 treatments to laser off my facial hair permanently. After the consultation I was super exited to get started. I had my first laser hair removal treatment at the Covina office. A nurse named Teresa did my first treatment she was very gentle. She numbed my face and gave me some protective goggles for my eyes and she explained into detail what she was doing. She zapped my face with the laser a few times and I was done. OMG, I was so surprised that I was done with my first laser treatment so fast. The lasers felt like warm tiny stings on my face but it was virtually painless. I’m looking forward to my future laser treatments.. So far I’m extremely satisfied with Dr. Rispler and his staff. I highly recommend LDI to anyone.
receive a free consultation today!
Los Angeles, CA 90035
Covina, CA 91723
Newport Beach, CA 92660
SPEAK to a friendly & live human 24/7 to schedule a consultation over the phone
call our offices
Speak to a Friendly & Live Human 24/7 for Questions or to Schedule a FREE Consultation:
For more than 35 years, LDI has been delivering stunning results. Always on the leading edge of laser and RF technology, our board-certified dermatologists can rejuvenate damaged skin on just about ANY skin tone, to effectively erase the signs of acne scars, aging, loose skin, eye bags, wrinkles, fine lines and sun exposure.